ABOUT THE WORLD PANCREATIC CANCER DAY
Each November, during Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, people around the globe unite on World Pancreatic Cancer Day to highlight the need for greater awareness, funding, and research for pancreatic cancer. On World Pancreatic Cancer Day – November 16, 2017 – we are asking people to take action to raise awareness about pancreatic cancer, the symptoms and risks of this disease and the urgent need for earlier detection.
A global WPCD Committee, chaired by Ali Stunt, CEO of Pancreatic Cancer Action UK, oversees the development of the annual WPCD campaign. Activities around the globe are undertaken by local pancreatic cancer community members.
About the World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition
The organizations quickly realized that by working collaboratively, they could have a much greater impact than the sum of their parts. So, they swiftly moved to action with the launch of the inaugural World Pancreatic Cancer Day in 2014.
World Pancreatic Cancer Day quickly became a global success. Each year, outreach, visibility, and engagement continue to grow across the world.
Because of its success, the collective group decided to take their efforts one step further and launch a formal World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition in 2016 with more than 40 organizations from over 20 countries across the globe.
The World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition now has more than 60 member organizations from 27 different countries on 6 continents.
The Coalition is led by a global Steering Committee, chaired by Julie Fleshman JD, MBA, president and CEO of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN), based in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
Pancreatic Cancer in the News
- Know the Symptoms and Risks of the Deadliest Major Cancer – Julie Fleshman, JD, MBA | Huffington Post
- World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition Demands Better in New Video | WPCC
- Persistence Saved My Life. It Could Save Yours Too – Ali Stunt | Huffington Post UK
- The Importance Of Pancreatic Cancer Awareness | CBS
- Caroline Kelly’s Pride of Australia nomination for Fight against Pancreatic Cancer | Daily Telegraph AU
- How one man beats the odds against pancreatic cancer – Dr. Michael Clarfield | CTV Canada
- Partnership hopes to make progress on pancreatic cancer with research network | National Post Canada
- Back pain warning: Discomfort could actually be a sign of THIS deadly type of cancer | Express UK
- Are You at Risk for Pancreatic Cancer? – Julie Fleshman | Huffington Post
- John E. Sabga Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Demands Better | CNC3 Television, Trinidad and Tobago
- Do you know the signs of pancreatic cancer? | Daily Record UK
- Cómo reconocer los síntomas del cáncer de páncreas, considerado el más agresivo | La Nacion
- Iconic Wigan Face goes Purple for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month | Wigan Today
- Naperville sisters fight to cure pancreatic cancer | Daily Herald
- Pancreatic Cancer Survival rates in England increase significantly in one year | Pancreatic Cancer Action
- Why Pancreatic Cancer is Such a Killer and What’s Being Done About It | CBS News
- Diabetes… or the first sign of killer pancreatic cancer? How screening people with the disease could save thousands of lives | Daily Mail UK
- From an indigestion diagnosis to almost certain death | News.Com AU
Stay Connected on Social Media
World Pancreatic Cancer Day
World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition